Jul 12, 2023
Southwest Michigan Viticulture Field Day activities set
The 34th Annual Southwest Michigan Viticulture Field Day will include information on autonomous technology, late-season pest and disease management and other topics.
The annual event is July 26 at the Southwest Michigan Research and Extension Center near Benton Harbor, Michigan.
The field day allows the state’s grape-growing community to discuss and check out the newest tools and techniques in grape production, share their stories and great food and local wine. Pre-register by July 20 to receive the discounted rate of $70 per person, a $20 discount. Doors open at 8 and activities start at 9 a.m.
To register and pay, go to michigangrapesociey.simpletix.com to register and pay. A downloadable form is also available on the website if you would prefer to print and mail in registration with payment.
Highlights from the program of events include:
- A guest speaker from Minnesota discussing horticulture of cold hardy grape varieties
- Autonomous technologies that grape growers can use today
- How to balance taking care of the farm and taking care of yourself
- Updates on the strategies for late season pest and disease management
- In-field methods for assessing soil health
Bring your sunscreen, your best hat, your appetite and your curiosity. The tradeshow will have vendors highlighting some of the newest and best precision viticulture equipment in the area. Don’t forget about the famous steak cookout and Michigan wine showcase. Enjoy the evening socializing with the rest of the grape-growing community over food and local wine.