Sep 14, 2022
CODA Farm Technologies adds more remote monitoring, control for pump system
Agricultural irrigation company CODA Farm Technologies has implemented additional remote monitoring and control for any irrigation pump through its FarmHQ system, allowing farmers to watch and control their pumps from anywhere via smartphone.
CODA’s FarmHQ cellular device and web or smartphone app add new features to any electric or combustion-powered irrigation pump.
A universal retrofit option, FarmHQ also provides remote monitoring for irrigation reels, letting users of irrigation reels and pumps upgrade their irrigation equipment with one simple installation and put them on the same monitoring and control system, providing significant financial savings and less stress.
FarmHQ works anywhere a smartphone does and can be installed on any electric or diesel pump powering any kind of irrigation system, including drip, center pivot, linear, side roll, solid set, soft hose travelers and hard-hose reels.
FarmHQ is being used on farms in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
FarmHQ devices are currently available for direct purchase and via CODA’s network of irrigation equipment dealer partners. To learn more, visit codafarmtech.com/
FarmHQ for irrigation pumps includes:
- A small cellular device and sensor kit that can be installed on any electric or combustion-powered pump;
- The FarmHQ app, which is available from any smartphone or computer, and allows customers to monitor and control their pumps from anywhere in the world.
FarmHQ provides farmers with new ways to control their pumps, including:
- From their phone, tablet, or computer via the FarmHQ app;
- In response to signals from other FarmHQ devices via custom automations; and
- Based on a timer or schedule set in the FarmHQ app.
For electric, submersible pumps that do not need to be primed, FarmHQ’s dry contact can act as an enable or start/stop circuit, allowing remote start and stop functionality.
For combustion-powered pumps and electric pumps that need to be primed, FarmHQ provides safe remote stop/shutdown.
FarmHQ provides customers a way to monitor and record a variety of signals for their pumps, including:
- Pressure (pressure transducer provided with installation kit)
- Flow-rate, which can be integrated with any pulse-output flow meter
- Switch monitoring, which is compatible with any external dry contact
- GPS location
- Setting thresholds for any sensor to get real-time text alerts to their phone
In July, CODA unveiled its new, third-generation FarmHQ retrofit cellular device for remote monitoring and control for hard-hose irrigation reels and pumps. The device features:
- Enhanced cellular connectivity for even better performance in rural areas;
- An integrated backup battery that can provide users notifications if an external power source ever fails;
- Waterproofing for long-term durability over multiple irrigation seasons; and,
- An easy magnetic mounting option for even more simplified installation by farmers in under an hour.
Founded by third-generation farmers David and Connor Wallace from Washington’s Skagit Valley, CODA Farm Technologies is a growing agricultural technology company bringing cloud-based remote monitoring and control to agricultural irrigation. Its first product, the FarmHQ platform, lets farmers use their smartphone and an easy-to-install device to remotely monitor and control irrigation reels and pumps in real time to save money and stress.