Dec 21, 2023
Growers discuss farmworker health
The National Center for Farmworker Health (NCFH) has recorded a podcast with growers about making sure workers have proper health care access, and how it benefits employee and employer.
The NCFW podcast features a discussion about Total Worker Health, an occupational health and safety framework from the CDC that emphasizes supporting workers’ health and well-being inside and outside the workplace.Podcast participants are:
- David Singh, West Coast Tomato Growers (California)
- Susan Quale, Sierra Cascade Nursery (California)
- Marcela Covarubias, Stemilt Growers (Washington)
- Michael Marsh, National Council of Agricultural Employers
- Linda Forst M.D., Great Lakes Center for Farmworker Health and Wellbeing, University of Illinois at Chicago
The NCFW’s mission is to improve the health of farmworker families by ensuring they have access to quality healthcare.