Jun 7, 2023
Retailer, general registration open for Organic Produce Summit
Retailer and general registration is open for the Organic Produce Summit, which features an expo, educational sessions, panels and a retailer roundtable discussion.
The event is July 12-13 at the Monterey Conference Center in Monterey, California. Registration and details are online at organicproducesummit.com.
Topics of discussion include a new organic enforcement rule, the future of controlled-environment agriculture, plant-based diets and nutrition, sustainability compliance and the shifting organic assortment at retail. More than 170 North American organic growers, shippers and processors will be exhibiting on the expo floor.
Speakers and panelists include:
• Dana Brennan, vice president of external affairs and corporate responsibility at Grimmway Farms
• Laura Himes, vice president of sourcing, fresh, for Walmart
• John McKeon, director of organic integrity and compliance for Taylor Farms
• Eric Cusimano, global produce principal buyer for Whole Foods Market
• Brian Cook, president, Local Bounti
• Bill Brodegard, vice president of food safety and compliance at Driscoll’s
• Brenna Davis, CEO at Organically Grown Co.
The Organic Produce Summit’s program is available online, with full agenda and list of expo exhibitors.